ramblingwrights

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

We've all got colds. What fun! Ed's not bad enough to be off work though. Philip couldn't be put down on his back around lunchtime yesterday but when he finally settled he slept for 3 hours during which time I had a snooze too. I was thinking I'd be up a lot more than I was in the night though so not going too bad so far.

The first version of this said Philip was playing happily on his kick-like-mad-and-you'll-get-lots-of-tunes-and-lights-thingy (called a musical garden in the catalogue, it comes with 2 volume settings :-)). But then of course he suddenly became unhappy and I called into play my new toy - a traditional sling. I'm so glad I got this in time for this cold, it takes the hard work out of carrying him round upright. After much research I bought one as modelled by someone famous who looked good on the photo. It's dead simple which was another factor. It came with a cheesy DVD which was great fun to watch and from which I gained the general impression that you hold your baby where you would normally and then move the fabric to keep him there. And it's working very well so far, much less stress on the arms and back and he seems to go off quicker.

4 Comments:

  • Can I have the details please, think I will need to keep my hands free this time round, as I guess Alex won't wait for me to finish with tiddler if he wants anything.
    Alex also has a cold at the moment, combined with teething we are going down the calpol!! If Philip won't go down flat, try raising the head of the cot, either a towel under the matress or building blocks under the legs works. If it gets really bad try the pushchair....anything for the poor mites to get some sleep.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:46 am  

  • Have I missed some news?

    You have to be careful with some of the "traditional" style slings as bending over forward could lead to sharp exit for the baby!

    By Blogger Amy, at 1:05 pm  

  • Which of your brothers fell out on their head then, Amy? :-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:40 pm  

  • not one of my brothers although me mum let Malc fall off the bed. We had a sling which was a square with 4 tie bits attached to it. I just heard from someone else.

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:52 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home