ramblingwrights

Monday, December 12, 2005

I haven't had time to blog for a while, which I see as a good thing. It shows I now have less time sitting around at silly times of the morning waiting for Philip to be back asleep. He can now go for around 6 hours between night feeds which gives me a block of about 5hrs sleep. Bliss :-)

We did our first night away from home thus weekend up at Granny and Grandpa Wright's, which was very succesful and much more relaxing than we'd dared hope. I had a lie in til 9.30 on the Sunday! And good food as ever.

I've just ordered the turkey for Christmas (so no-one needs to nag me anymore), other than that the only non baby centred thing I've managed has been an e-mail to some graduates building a road in Nigeria with my thoughts on their plans. I was put in contact with them through Engineers Without Borders (EWB) and it strikes me that advice by e-mail is an admirable thing to have ongoing whilst on maternity leave as it can be done at odd hours. The e-mail was largely drafted at 4am - I was so into it I nearly stayed up til morning.

Have met a lady who lives down our road who has a baby just one week older than P. Although her baby was 3.5 weeks premature and mine 2 weeks late so where they're up to is all a bit muddled up. Hoorah for NCT, which is how we met.

7 Comments:

  • Engineers without borders? Not "Ingenuers Sans Frontiers"? Tsch. I should have been a medic then.

    By Blogger Simon, at 10:01 pm  

  • Hmm sounds good, advice by e-mail. The RedR thing has appealled to me, but have an employer that wouldn't play ball ... but this seems to be an option. Might investigate further....

    By Blogger Caz, at 7:35 am  

  • whats NCT?

    By Blogger Amy, at 9:00 am  

  • Sorry Amy, I get lost in my baby world sometimes. I deliberately left answering this in the hope someone else would post something provocative.
    NCT stands for National Childbirth Trust and they organise antenatal classes, other meet ups, second hand baby stuff sales etc. The people who go tend to be pretty middle class, and the facilitators promote breast feeding, involvement of other halves and natural births.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:27 pm  

  • Sort of thing me mum is into too. I am not good with using innitials. I always manage to get ODPM in the wrong order and i sat in a 2hr meeting today not knowing what the other 3 people where talking about when refering to DfT or something similar :-(

    By Blogger Amy, at 10:48 pm  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Giacomo, at 3:56 pm  

  • Google is your friend. OK it wouldn't help in the meeting, but on the web.

    I think most acronyms are obvious by context anyway.

    By Blogger Giacomo, at 3:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home