ramblingwrights

Friday, November 18, 2005

I confronted one of my worst fears yesterday and went to a mother and baby group. I mean - what do they all have to talk about?

As we walked into the church hall, my first impression was of confident Mums with much bigger youngsters (they turned out to be 12-15 mths old). The co-ordinator got me fixed up with coffee and biscuits pretty quickly and Philip and I sat quietly taking it all in. There were some pretty cool toys on show.

Luckily a bit later there was a structured discussion bit for the 3 of us with smaller babies where I felt much more comfortable. And now I'm getting to know those 2 other Mums, I think I'll brave it again next week.

1 Comments:

  • Well done! My friend with 8 month old Master L visits a group and she gets to bring home toys for him to play with before they actually go and buy the ones he really likes! (although he is currently amused by a CD, kitchen roll, shiny mini roll box wrapping & a carrier in a persil net).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home