ramblingwrights

Thursday, October 27, 2005

A bit of excitement this evening. My long standing loyalty to Cadbury's has paid off and I won a free entry to Cadbury's world on the Happiness Express. Ye-hey.

Otherwise we're just on the wind up to the hospital appointment tommorrow at which I'm likely to be induced. Could be a lengthy process though so I've re-packed my hospital bag. It's been packed for going on a month now, so I needed to remind myself what's in it.

Distractions this week have included:

Playing with the apple peeler / corer / slicer that Helen and Graham got us. It’s a great engineers toy – it’s got loads of adjustable mechanical bits. So you can get it to make curly-wurly bits of carrot, or long threads of potato. Not necessarily useful but definitely more interesting than just slicing fruit and veg.

Ringing loads of people to bug them too.

Being nosey about our new neighbours moving into the newly rennovated next door flats.

Last night we made some marmalade from one of those easy to make tins. Top tip: don’t put the lids in the oven as well as the jars – the rubber bits burn!

Since it finally decided to stop raining today, we went for a lovely walk (or a bit of a waddle in my case) up on Baildon Moor. It was lovely in the afternoon sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home