ramblingwrights

Monday, October 24, 2005

Well, I've been up t' hospital this afternoon for an appointment to see a nice greek man. I've been poked around a bit, we've established I'm not ready for action yet, and I have a "failed" written on my "report card". I also have an appointment for Friday when they'll start induction. Ed can see his half term ebbing away. Anyway, all is well with kiddo and me. It's always nice hearing his / her heartbeat.

Maybe Lizzie will have to explain her pineapple juice suggestion. Or maybe it's just a wind up - like the instruction to bring a pineapple to my hen party. On that occasion, the only thing it achieved was making me late while I queued in Tesco (well to be fair it was lazily lying-in that made me late, Tesco just made it worse). This time around, at least I got to enjoy the pineapples.

I strongly disagree with Amy about personality not being developed in the first few weeks. Obviously I have no experience to back this up, which qualifies me, in SAGGA circles, to express my comments. From what I've heard discussed though, habits that show up or are picked up in the early days are evident for a long time.

5 Comments:

  • Clr, I know that there is personality there, I was just taking the piss out of Tedward (is that ok?).

    I am glad everything is good with you and baby though.

    I have heard that Raspberry tea is good, it didn't work for my cousin though!

    By Blogger Amy, at 5:42 pm  

  • Are you trying to blame me for the pineapple juice, as I don't remember mentioning it. I did say about raspberry tea though!

    Let's hope something works to persuade baby that he/she wants to view the big wide world before half term is over!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 am  

  • As I see it you can use this time in one of 3 useful ways or a combination of all of them.
    1) Practise skils you will need soon eg typing one handed, signing at each other over loud noises, watching the begining and end of TV programs and inventing the middle
    2) Nesting type activities eg cooking and freezing loads of food so you only have to reheat it , washing the occasional items eg cushion covers cause otherwise it will be months before you do it
    3) Enjoying the things you won't get to do for ages eg Just popping out with out it being an expedition, going to the pictures, eating a meal together.
    As for shortening the waiting time I have no personal experience of this, but proffesionally I can confirm that activities which you won't blog about do work...the evidence is often in samples from the labour ward.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 pm  

  • Oh and forgot to say go and have a hair cut and/or optician appointment as they are miles easier on your own and not what you feel like doing if you have some time off from the little one

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:04 pm  

  • A Blog!?!?!?

    After all you said?

    By Blogger Simon, at 8:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home